Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/21 07:56:09 UTC

Upgrading commons-lang3 dependency from old 3.5 to current 3.8 version?

Hello TomEE developpers,

We are running our web apps with TomEE+ 7.0.5 and we are trying to
upgrade our Apache struts based app to latest version (Struts 2.5.17).

However it turns out that Structs 2.5.17 depends on new classes
introduced in  commons-lang3-3.6 (class
org.apache.commons.lang3.reflect.MethodUtils does not have a method
getAnnotation method which is expected by struts 2.5.17).

Questions:
1) Would it be possible to upgrade Apache TomEE+ 7.0.6 and higher
(7.1/ 8.x branches) dependency on commons-lang3 from 3.5 to latest
(3.8) ?

2) What would be the cleanest solution for people running already
frozen TomEE versions for upgrading their web app to Struts 2.5.17?
(ideally, something fully packaged inside the .WAR would be best, if
possible)

Thanks
Alex.

Re: Upgrading commons-lang3 dependency from old 3.5 to current 3.8 version?

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Permissions shouldn't be needed, just fork the repository on GitHub and
send a PR there. We'll be happy to review and merge.

Jon

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Romain,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex

écrit :

> Hello TomEE developpers,
>
> We are running our web apps with TomEE+ 7.0.5 and we are trying to
> upgrade our Apache struts based app to latest version (Struts 2.5.17).
>
> However it turns out that Structs 2.5.17 depends on new classes
> introduced in  commons-lang3-3.6 (class
> org.apache.commons.lang3.reflect.MethodUtils does not have a method
> getAnnotation method which is expected by struts 2.5.17).
>
> Questions:
> 1) Would it be possible to upgrade Apache TomEE+ 7.0.6 and higher
> (7.1/ 8.x branches) dependency on commons-lang3 from 3.5 to latest
> (3.8) ?

Sure, want to do the PR?