Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de> on 2005/01/28 07:56:18 UTC

[JAR] myfaces.jar

Hi all,

I got email from Jonas (Oracle) and he asked why we provide
myfaces.jar and a standalone version (api, extention, impl, wml)

I remember, that we did a split in *old* SF codebase. Craig
mentioned splitting them should be cleaner.

But now there is again a myfaces.jar and also the
standalone version.
(http://tinyurl.com/4skb6)

Shouldn't we better keep the separate instead a all-in-one
JAR?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matthias

Re: [JAR] myfaces.jar

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:00:46 +0100, Matthias Wessendorf
<ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de> wrote:
> Yes, I use also the myfaces.jar
>
> But Jonas and also Craig where mentioning,
> that a split will be *cleaner*

Cleaner isn't really the primary motivation ... but any app's
build.xml file that is using the JSF RI will have pointers to two JAR
files (jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar) ... having the API and
implementation JARs split for MyFaces makes it easier for such a
script to be adapted to use MyFaces instead.

Craig

Re: [JAR] myfaces.jar

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Yes, I use also the myfaces.jar

But Jonas and also Craig where mentioning,
that a split will be *cleaner*

Perhaps Jonas or Craig could pointed
out to your list...

-Matthias