Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/03 10:50:45 UTC

Dependency for hamcrest?

Do we want to use the new 2.0.0.0 version of hamcrest, or stick with
the dependency from junit (1.3)?

I ask because we have a dependency convergence error in our poms since
junit includes 1.3 and our POMs say 2.0.0.0.

I've excluded hamcrest from junit, but then we run into a compilation
error (in WicketTester), that I can probably fix, but is that what we
want?

So which way do we want to go?

Martijn

Re: Dependency for hamcrest?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
It appears that we needed the full hamcrest library at compile time
for just one assert in WicketTester. I've rewritten that assert to
assertTrue() to keep the hamcrest dependencies at scope test. This
keeps our dependencies at the bare minimum (unless we are going to
implement our own hamcrest matchers, but I'd rather have that be an
optional module should we choose to go down that path)

Martijn

Re: Dependency for hamcrest?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Dependency for hamcrest?