Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Monz <pm...@Highq-it.de> on 2005/01/24 14:44:51 UTC

Problem with HTTPServletRequest

Hi All,

I have quite a problem with HTTPServletReuquest in some Servlets sometimes.

Sometimes if I access HTTPServletRequest in Servlet I get only a
"null"-Pointer and my Servlet crashes. But I can see in a HTTP-trace,
created with a spy programm that the date will be sent from the browser to
the apache server. -- Is there a konw problem?

Someone told me that happens because I use the post- and the get-method at
same time:

e.g.:

<form action=/servlet/test?send=y method=post>
<input type=text size=20 name=test2>
</form>

another one told me it was a thread problem that lock the HTTPServletRequest.

Can anyone plase help me?

Cheers

Peter

Re: Problem with HTTPServletRequest

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
We need a stack trace to help you debug. Odds are - its your servlet.

-Tim

Posted by Christoph Kutzinski <ku...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Peter Monz wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have quite a problem with HTTPServletReuquest in some Servlets sometimes.
>
>Sometimes if I access HTTPServletRequest in Servlet I get only a
>"null"-Pointer and my Servlet crashes. But I can see in a HTTP-trace,
>created with a spy programm that the date will be sent from the browser to
>the apache server. -- Is there a konw problem?
>
>Someone told me that happens because I use the post- and the get-method at
>same time:
>
>e.g.:
>
><form action=/servlet/test?send=y method=post>
><input type=text size=20 name=test2>
></form>

if you suspect this to be the problem, why you don't try it with only post?
e.g.:

<form action=/servlet/test method=post>
<input type=hidden name=send value=y>
<input type=text size=20 name=test2>