Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Allen Lee <al...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2004/07/24 01:59:09 UTC

Re: adding dynamic content (e.g. JSP, TagLibs, etc.) to Forrest

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am encountering a similar issue, where
I'd like to have dynamic content, adding JSP forms into a Forrest site.  I
tried random insertion of the JSP file into the generated webapp directory
tree; sticking it in the build/webapp/content directory displays the JSP
page's source text instead of interpreting it.  I know I must be missing
somethin stupid... is this sort of thing easily done, or would I be better off
havin two separate webapps, one for forrest, and the other for the dynamic
jsps?

Thanks for your time!
Allen

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Allen Lee escribió:
> Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am encountering a similar issue, where
> I'd like to have dynamic content, adding JSP forms into a Forrest site.  I
> tried random insertion of the JSP file into the generated webapp directory
> tree; sticking it in the build/webapp/content directory displays the JSP
> page's source text instead of interpreting it.

There is not JSP support on the jetty web server that we have compiled.
>  I know I must be missing
> somethin stupid... is this sort of thing easily done, or would I be better off
> havin two separate webapps, one for forrest, and the other for the dynamic
> jsps?

If you want to have JSP  support do this:

1) Create a War file and insert on a web container that supports it.

2) Replace tools/jetty/jetty-4.2.19.jar for the one on the jetty
distribution.

> Thanks for your time!
> Allen

And yours!!!