Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> on 2022/04/22 10:57:24 UTC

Re-implementing tika-dgn-detector in Tika itself - any objections?

Hi Steven

Over on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-3721, one of our users
altered us to your tika-dgn-detector github project.

If possible, we'd like to fold the detector logic and mime type
definitions into Tika itself. (Converting it to Java in the process and
putting the detector logic inside our existing POIFS detector)

Would you mind if we did that?

And before we go copying and pasting the key bits out of your project,
could you confirm it's under the Apache License v2 as per the
build.gradle.kts file?

Thanks
Nick

Re: Re-implementing tika-dgn-detector in Tika itself - any objections?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
We'll likely borrow at least one 7 and one 8 test file.  Thank you so much!!!

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
Hi Steve