Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de> on 2010/05/21 09:08:25 UTC

jetspeed 2.2.1 and yui 3

Hi,

jetspeed 2.2.1 use yui 3 for /ui pipeline. In my custom portal I use yui
2. So there is a conflict between css files from yui 2 and yui3.

In yui 3.1.0 is this resolved. Upgrade not from Yahoo:

*UPGRADE NOTE:* In bringing the widget infrastructure to production
quality for 3.1.0, the default prefix used for CSS classnames in YUI 3
has been changed from "yui-" to "yui3-" to avoid CSS classname conflicts
in situations where YUI 2 widgets and YUI 3 widgets are deployed on the
same page.

So I have updated the yui 3 files with newer version in my custom portal
and renamed the css classes from yui-foo to yui3-foo, but It doesn't work.

It is planed use yui 3.1.0 in jetspeed? Has someone test it?

kind regards,

Frank

Re: jetspeed 2.2.1 and yui 3

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> jetspeed 2.2.1 use yui 3 for /ui pipeline. In my custom portal I use yui 2.
> So there is a conflict between css files from yui 2 and yui3.
>
> In yui 3.1.0 is this resolved. Upgrade not from Yahoo:
>
> *UPGRADE NOTE:* In bringing the widget infrastructure to production quality
> for 3.1.0, the default prefix used for CSS classnames in YUI 3 has been
> changed from "yui-" to "yui3-" to avoid CSS classname conflicts in
> situations where YUI 2 widgets and YUI 3 widgets are deployed on the same
> page.
>
> So I have updated the yui 3 files with newer version in my custom portal and
> renamed the css classes from yui-foo to yui3-foo, but It doesn't work.
>
> It is planed use yui 3.1.0 in jetspeed? Has someone test it?

Hasn't been tested but yes we are planning on moving to it as soon as possible