Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Savickis Matas <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/01 17:36:22 UTC

Formal specification of Kafka.

Hello everyone, I am Software engineering Master's student looking to write
my thesis about using Formal specifications using TLA+. I was hoping to do
my thesis about Kafka. Are there eny well know parts of Kafka or maybe a
bugs that would benefits from doing such work. I was looking at this
presentation
https://www.confluent.io/kafka-summit-sf18/hardening-kafka-replication/ and
KIP like this
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-320%3A+Allow+fetchers+to+detect+and+handle+log+truncation
for reference where to start but maybe dev community has any suggestions?

--
Pagarbiai
Matas Savickis

Re: Formal specification of Kafka.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Matas,

You may find this repo useful:
https://github.com/hachikuji/kafka-specification

It does not have a very helpful read-me (yet) but if you have questions let
us know.

Guozhang