Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2014/12/09 14:56:33 UTC

[discuss] IndexStoreStrategy API change

Good afternoon everyone,

while I was looking into other issues, I found that it would be useful
if we pass to the IndexStoreStrategy.update() either the indexName, or
even better a NodeState of the indexDefinition. This will allow us to
have more clear logging in the strategies.

Something like what we did with IndexStoreStrategy.query().

Someone against passing down the NodeState of the index definition to
the update?

I opt for a NodeState so that the strategy won't be able, even
accidentally, to change the index definition.

Thoughts?

If no one against it I will take care of updating it and correct the
existing callers and implementaions

# Callers

PropertyIndexEditor.leave()

# Implementors

ContentMirrorStoreStrategy
UniqueEntryStoreStrategy

Davide

Re: [discuss] IndexStoreStrategy API change

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 10/12/2014 14:46, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sounds good to me.

For the records

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-2348

D.

Re: [discuss] IndexStoreStrategy API change

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Sounds good to me.

Regards,