Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de> on 2005/09/02 08:28:40 UTC

Torque does not build

Hi folks,

I checked out the current revision of Torque yesterday from Subversion
because I wanted to have a look at the AbstractBaseManager.

However, the Torque build fails because of the following:

---8<---
Attempting to download maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.2.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.2.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.2.jar
---8<---

... which is correct, because there is no version 1.9.2 of the plugin.
Anyone cares to comment, where to get it? Henning?

Bye, Thomas.

Re: Torque does not build

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> writes:

>- maven-xdoc-plugin 1.9.2 (which might be released in a short while
>  after I put some of my frustration into http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200508.mbox/%3cdesfvp$ft2$1@tangens.hometree.net%3e and
>  the following thread)

This BTW also spawned
http://henning.schmiedehausen.org/wingnut-diaries/archives/18 ;-)

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: Torque does not build

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de> writes:

S*it, did I put this in? Sorry, slipped somehow by.

The problem here is:

- maven-xdoc-plugin 1.8 is not good enough to build the site

- maven-xdoc-plugin 1.9 and 1.9.1 are broken and don't build the sites
  correctly.

- maven-xdoc-plugin 1.9.2 (which might be released in a short while
  after I put some of my frustration into http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200508.mbox/%3cdesfvp$ft2$1@tangens.hometree.net%3e and
  the following thread)

You can get the snapshot plugin from cvs.apache.org:

% maven plugin:download -DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-xdoc-plugin \
                        -Dversion=1.9.2-SNAPSHOT \
                        -Dmaven.repo.remote=http://cvs.apache.org/repository/

but you must then change the version of 1.9.2 to "1.9.2-SNAPSHOT" and
might end up running the first site build with the -Dmaven.repo.remote
anyway, because the "new and improved 1.9.2" plugin insists on
downloading another bazillion unreleased jars.

Did anyone in the back of the audience just said "maven sucks"? ;-)

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: Antwort: Torque does not build

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net> writes:

>Henning, do you mind if I revert that one to 1.9.1 for the time till 1.9.2
>is released ?

I'm pushing Lukas to release 1.9.2.

We are still at RC stage. If it isn't there when we vote for releasing
Torque, then I'm +1 for reverting to 1.8 (1.9 or 1.9.1 doesn't make
sense, because they produce known bad sites), so that at least part of
the site is usable. But for the moment I'm 0 on changing back, and
leave it to you to decide.

	Regards
		Henning

>    Thomas

>Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de> schrieb am 02.09.2005 08:28:40:

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I checked out the current revision of Torque yesterday from Subversion
>> because I wanted to have a look at the AbstractBaseManager.
>>
>> However, the Torque build fails because of the following:
>>
>> ---8<---
>> Attempting to download maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.2.jar.
>> WARNING: Failed to download maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.2.jar.
>> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
>dependency:
>>
>> maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.2.jar
>> ---8<---
>>
>> ... which is correct, because there is no version 1.9.2 of the plugin.
>> Anyone cares to comment,

>Sure.

>>where to get it? Henning?
>>
>> Bye, Thomas.

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Antwort: Torque does not build

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.

Hi Thomas,

sorry for that one. Set the version of maven-xdoc-plugin to 1.9.1 in
common/project.xml.

The problem is that at the moment, there is no released version that a)
builds the site correctly and b) supports subversion. 1.9.2 is a build from
their svn. But if you do not build the site, 1.9.1 is fine.

Henning, do you mind if I revert that one to 1.9.1 for the time till 1.9.2
is released ?

    Thomas

Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de> schrieb am 02.09.2005 08:28:40:

> Hi folks,
>
> I checked out the current revision of Torque yesterday from Subversion
> because I wanted to have a look at the AbstractBaseManager.
>
> However, the Torque build fails because of the following:
>
> ---8<---
> Attempting to download maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.2.jar.
> WARNING: Failed to download maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.2.jar.
> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
dependency:

> maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.2.jar
> ---8<---
>
> ... which is correct, because there is no version 1.9.2 of the plugin.
> Anyone cares to comment,

Sure.