Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/03 15:03:40 UTC

Error building in Travis after taking master

Anyone know what this is?

[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'jacoco' in the current project and in
the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available
from the repositories [local (/home/travis/.m2/repository), central (
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]

Re: Error building in Travis after taking master

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Just for anyone else
https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/caching/#Clearing-Caches

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
One more thing - can you see if this exists in your local maven repo?

ls -lh $HOME/.m2/repository/org/jacoco/jacoco-maven-plugin/0.7.9/

                                                             <<<
total 136
-rw-r--r--+ 1   211B Mar  7 08:21 _remote.repositories
-rw-r--r--+ 1   46K Mar  7 08:21 jacoco-maven-plugin-0.7.9.jar
-rw-r--r--+ 1   40B Mar  7 08:21 jacoco-maven-plugin-0.7.9.jar.sha1
-rw-r--r--+ 1   4.3K Mar  7 08:21 jacoco-maven-plugin-0.7.9.pom
-rw-r--r--+ 1   40B Mar  7 08:21 jacoco-maven-plugin-0.7.9.pom.sha1

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
https://travis-ci.org/ottobackwards/incubator-metron/builds

METRON-777
build 223

On May 4, 2017 at 12:43:39, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com) wrote:

Yes.  I also had deleted all travis caches (and local .m2/repo in the local
case )

On May 4, 2017 at 12:30:34, Michael Miklavcic (michael.miklavcic@gmail.com)
wrote:

So going from this prepare-agent to this org.jacoco:prepare-agent to this
org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin:prepare-agent is what worked?

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
And… I Do have it locally

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.
What maven version are you on?  Thought I saw 3.5 in another email.  I'm on 3.3.9 and have not had issues.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Note: Some input files additionally use unchecked or unsafe operations.
100 warnings
[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'org.jacoco' in the current project and
in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo]
available from the repositories [local (/Users/ottofowler/.m2/repository),
central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/NoPluginFoundForPrefixException

On May 3, 2017 at 13:11:28, Justin Leet (justinjleet@gmail.com) wrote:

Does it run locally with:

mvn -q -T 2C -DskipTests install &&
mvn -q -T 2C org.jacoco:prepare-agent surefire:test@unit-tests && mvn -q
org.jacoco:prepare-agent surefire:test@integration-tests && mvn -q
org.jacoco:prepare-agent test --projects metron-interface/metron-config &&
build_utils/verify_licenses.sh

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.
Does it run locally with:

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
I am going to be honest,

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
The plugin is definitely in maven central. Otto, do you guys by chance use
a dependency management tool to proxy Maven Central?

https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/blob/master/pom.xml#L269

https://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.jacoco%7Cjacoco%7C0.7.9%7Cpom

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.
Jacoco is introduced from