Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Allison, Bob" <ro...@qwest.com> on 2005/09/27 16:48:15 UTC

Schedule Definitions

I am trying to set up a schedule to run every 15 minutes.  I am a little
confused about the current cron-style specification since, as written,
it indicates that the DEFAULT_SCHEDULE (0 0 * * *) should run only at
midnight.  Is there some sort of disconnect between the text being
displayed and the actual schedule or is this not actually following the
cron time specification (minute, hour, day-of-month, month,
day-of-week)?  Also, my schedule to run every 15 minutes (specified as
"0,15,30,45 * * * *") does not appear to be running, at least I am not
getting any messages in the log from the SchedulesActivator for that
schedule.

Re: Schedule Definitions

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
The first field is the second's parameter, so run every hour

if you want to run a schedule every 15 minutes, you must define it to :
"0 0,15,30,45 * * * ?"

The full description of schedule expression is there
http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/api/org/quartz/CronTrigger.html

Emmanuel