Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Don Saklad <ds...@zurich.csail.mit.edu> on 2005/03/06 19:34:57 UTC

Spamassassin headers. 1. What you can do with Spamassassin headers and 2. how.

How might a provider pull together better, easier ways to explain,
instruct
a. using less of what might be perceived as jargon and
b. using less what might be perceived as arcane references,
how might a provider more easily explain, more easily instruct end
users with these questions?... end users with areas of expertise not
directly applicable to...

1. What can you do with the spamassassin headers?... spamassassin
   headers have appeared in the headers at the top of messages in
   emacs rmail.

2. And how do you do the things you can do with the spamassassin
   headers?...

Around the web the instructive material about spamassassin didn't
appear to meet the needs of end users, given the usual explanations
deferring the matter to another department, deferring the matter to
the provider, to the isp, to someone else not me and so on.

Re: Spamassassin headers. 1. What you can do with Spamassassin headers and 2. how.

Posted by Don Saklad <ds...@zurich.csail.mit.edu>.
          thank you !  i guess...

> 1. You can delete/move to folder/mark
     based upon the X-Spam: Yes header

          What other example or examples are there by way of
          individual spamassassin hints, tips, pointers, features?...

          Unrelated, but here's another's example of providing hints,
          tips, pointers, features http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/

Re: Spamassassin headers. 1. What you can do with Spamassassin headers and 2. how.

Posted by JamesDR <ro...@bellsouth.net>.
1. You can delete/move to folder/mark based upon the X-Spam: Yes header

2. RTFM for your email client ;-) each one is different, this is a
mailing list for spamassassin, not X e-mail reader. (where X = your
email client.)

The reason you didn't find anything to help the end user for
spamassassin is, spamassassin runs on a server, end users don't deal
with servers other than to receive data, in which case they don't need
to understand HOW the server works, just that IT does work. At the end
of the day, they pay an admin to understand why it and how it works,
they need not be worried about the semantics of how...

Thanks,
JamesDR