Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2003/09/26 05:30:41 UTC

updating the site

Hello.

I think I've got all the pages updated with the ApacheCon image in the
menu.  Is there some magic cron job that keeps the published site in
sync with CVS or should I manually do a cvs update in the
avalon.apache.org directory (as mentioned in the README.txt)?

(Thanks to Tetsuya for the build.xml snippet.  Modified it a bit and it
works fine).

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>

Re: updating the site

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

J Aaron Farr wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I think I've got all the pages updated with the ApacheCon image in the
>menu.  Is there some magic cron job that keeps the published site in
>sync with CVS or should I manually do a cvs update in the
>avalon.apache.org directory (as mentioned in the README.txt)?

There is a cron job that runs every six hours or so.  According to me it
completed a run about two hours ago so expect to see updates at around
11 am Paris time. I'll leave it to you to do the relative calculation - :-).

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: updating the site

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> I run a cronjob in my account every six hours, with output going to
> http://avalon.apache.org/cvsuplog.txt

oh, sure, you can also

ssh minotaur.apache.org
umask 002
cd /www/avalon.apache.org
cvs up -Pd

if you're in a hurry, but just note its real important you make sure
your umask is properly set, otherwise we'll start getting conflicts.

- Leo

Re: updating the site

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
I run a cronjob in my account every six hours, with output going to
http://avalon.apache.org/cvsuplog.txt

cheers!

- Leo