Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by David Sherrier <da...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/26 01:47:57 UTC

ActiveMQ Artemis multiple invm Artemis servers connecting to the same data directory

Hi User Group,

I am looking into creating an application where multiple jvms running invm
active
mq Artemis with persistence have the same data directory.

Is this allowed and or expected use case? If not, and with only access to
one disk across multiple clients, is there any alternative?

Thanks,
David Sherrier

Re: ActiveMQ Artemis multiple invm Artemis servers connecting to the same data directory

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
The only time you'd want more than one broker to use the same data
directory is when you were configuring shared-store HA (i.e. where one
broker is active and the others are passive backups).

If you want to run multiple independent brokers simultaneously on the same
machine then each broker needs its own data directory. Using the same disk
is fine. The Artemis test-suite as well as many examples do this.

Justin