Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/05 11:38:23 UTC

How to avoid getting two servicemix-specs versions when installing camel or cxf 's feature

Originally, I posted the following mail to dev@camel regarding this issue.
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Installing-camel-cxf-2-15-2-feature-leads-to-two-versions-of-ServiceMix-Stax-API-bundles-installed-td5769830.html

Currently, both camel and cxf have their features that directly
installing some servicemix-specs bundles. This leads to the problem
mentioned in the above mail thread that installing camel-cxf leads to
installing two versions of servicemix-spec because camel-2.15.2 is
using smx-specs 2.2.0 while cxf-3.0.4 referred in camel-2.15.2 is
using smx-specs 2.4.0.

I am wondering if we need to define this feature (e.g., feature
stax-api-1.0) outside of camel and cxf and both refer to this external
feature using the appropriate version range e.g. [2.2,3) or we can
locally solve this problem within camel and cxf's feature definitions?

I would appreciate for your comments.

regards, aki

Re: How to avoid getting two servicemix-specs versions when installing camel or cxf 's feature

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
I think another generic solution would be to make sure the specs are
flagged as dependencies, so that Karaf can pick up only one bundle to solve
those.

Posted by "Pratt, Jason" <Ja...@windriver.com>.
#2 sounds like it'd give the developer/admin more control

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Aki,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: How to avoid getting two servicemix-specs versions when installing camel or cxf 's feature

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Hey,
It does work for things installed by via features, it doesn’t work with bundles enlisted in startup.properties.

Best regards,
Lukasz

Posted by Sobkowiak Krzysztof <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

It should work. We use this currently in ServiceMix which is based on Karaf 3.0.4

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC Member
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <http://www.capgeminisoftware.pl/>

Re: How to avoid getting two servicemix-specs versions when installing camel or cxf 's feature

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukasz,

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.