Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Yegor Bryukhov <yb...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 17:23:49 UTC

[math] bug: cumulativeProbability((double)x, (double)x) returns 0 for discrete / integer distributions

cumulativeProbability((double)x, (double)x) returns 0 for
discrete/integer distributions

I suppose AbstractIntegerDistribution.cumulativeProbability(double,
double) should be overridden to call its (int, int) version instead of
using default one from AbstractDistribution

--
Best regards,
Yegor

Re: [math] bug: cumulativeProbability((double)x, (double)x) returns 0 for discrete / integer distributions

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 2/1/08, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/02/2008, Yegor Bryukhov <yb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > You can build [math] using maven 2, which is now the primary build
> > > platform for this component.  The Ant build should also work.
> > >

> > http://commons.apache.org/math/developers.html
> > refers to http://commons.apache.org/building.html
> > which mentions Maven 1.0.2 only
> >
> > > Maven 1.0.2 is still also available here:
> > >
> > > http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/start/download.html
> >
> > nope, can't get anything from those links to 1.0.2, usually I get "not
> > found" page instead of an archive

Ugh.  Sorry.  In any case, maven 2 or Ant will work.

Phil

Re: [math] bug: cumulativeProbability((double)x, (double)x) returns 0 for discrete / integer distributions

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 01/02/2008, Yegor Bryukhov <yb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You can build [math] using maven 2, which is now the primary build
> > platform for this component.  The Ant build should also work.
> >

> http://commons.apache.org/math/developers.html
> refers to http://commons.apache.org/building.html
> which mentions Maven 1.0.2 only
>
> > Maven 1.0.2 is still also available here:
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/start/download.html
>
> nope, can't get anything from those links to 1.0.2, usually I get "not
> found" page instead of an archive

Agreed, it's not there...

However, older releases are always available from the archives:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/

Posted by Yegor Bryukhov <yb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 2/1/08, Yegor Bryukhov <yb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> done, MATH-184
>
> as for a patch, yesterday I tried to download Maven 1.0.2 from Apache
> mirrors to build the library but could not find a single mirror where
> it would still be available. And Maven 1.1 complains about
> "Unrecognised tag: 'optional'" in project.xml
> :(

You can build [math] using maven 2, which is now the primary build
platform for this component.  The Ant build should also work.

Maven 1.0.2 is still also available here:

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/start/download.html

Thanks!

Phil

Posted by Yegor Bryukhov <yb...@gmail.com>.