Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Sean Laurent <Se...@wicourts.gov> on 2005/08/03 19:12:03 UTC

Image Tags Mangled

We're running Lenya 1.2.4 under Tomcat 5.0.19 with Sun's Java 1.4.2_08 on Suse Linux 9.1 and we have a strange problem that I can't figure out is a Lenya problem, a Kupu problem or a problem with how Lenya uses Kupu.

I have an image whose location is:

http://myserver.mydomain.com:8080/lenya/mysite/authoring/index/pdf.gif

Using IE, edit a page use Kupu.  Add the image from the Pub Library where it resides.  Save and exit from Kupu.  View the page source and the image src attribute contains:

/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/lenya/mysite/authoring/index/pdf.gif

Edit the page using Kupu. Go into the HTML Code view.  Change the image src attribute to point to:

/lenya/mysite/authoring/index/pdf.gif

Exit the code view. Save and exit from Kupu. View the page source and the src attribute once again contains:

/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/lenya/mysite/authoring/index/pdf.gif

Edit the page using Kupu. Go into the HTML Code view.  Change the image src attribute to point to:

http://myserver.mydomain.com:8080/lenya/mysite/authoring/index/pdf.gif

Exit the code view. Save and exit from Kupu. View the page source and the src attribute has reverted back to the incorrect location.  Monkey with it long enough and you can end up with:

/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/lenya/mysite/authoring/index/pdf.gif

Hrmmm.  I have no idea who is mangling the src attribute and it doesn't seem to happen in Firefox under Linux.  Any suggestions?

-Sean Laurent

Re: Lenya 1.2.4 + Tomcat Searchfunction

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 8/5/05, Richard Schottdorf <sc...@screenwave.de> wrote:
> I already encountered the next minor problems. The Searchengine refuses to
> use the german pages, even if I put default to german.

My Search only searches the language(s) selected.  Field "language"
must be set, or it defaults to "en".  The default is hardcoded in
search-and-results.xsp if you need to change it:
    if(language.length() == 0) language = "en";
(Sorry.  I had a deadline.  I should have passed the pub's default
language and used that.  My project adds the langauge to every URL, so
the default language is never an issue.)

Try adding:
  &language=de
to the search URL.  Multiple languages are separated by commas:
  &language=de,en

> Also it is has problems with german letters.

We are using it with Russian.  It handles Cyrillic without any
problems; it should easily handle German.  Make certain everything is
saved as UTF-8.

solprovider

AW: Lenya 1.2.4 + Tomcat Searchfunction

Posted by Richard Schottdorf <sc...@screenwave.de>.
Hi Solprovider,

Even I am working with version 1.2.4 I tried your easy download and now it
works!

Thx and greetings
Richard

Posted by Richard Schottdorf <sc...@screenwave.de>.
Ahoy Solprovider,

I already encountered the next minor problems. The Searchengine refuses to
use the german pages, even if I put default to german. Also it is has
problems with german letters.

Greetings and thanx
Richard

Posted by Richard Schottdorf <sc...@screenwave.de>.
Hi Solprovider,

Thx for your answer!
I tried to check the filepaths but couldn't figure out the problem.

It still returns no results and the Pagelayout is gone!

Greetings
Richard

Posted by Richard Schottdorf <sc...@screenwave.de>.
Hi together,

I am using Lenya 1.2.4 with Tomcat. How is it possible to make the
searchfunction work?

Greetings
Richard

Re: Image Tags Mangled

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 8/3/05, Sean Laurent <Se...@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> [Kupu 1.2.4 with IE ruins URLs.]

I almost posted a similar issue last week, then realized it was
intermittent with MSIE, and did not affect Mozilla, so just told the
maintainers not to use MSIE.  I did not test as much as you did.  We
tried using Lenya 1.2.2's Kupu's Create Link with
"?lenya.usecase=contact".  After saving, the link was
"http://ourEditServer/pub/authoring/currentpage_en.html?lenya.usecase=contact".
 That link would not work after publishing, since vistors do not have
access to the edit server.

Either there is a problem in Kupu Save that checks for MSIE and ruins
URLs, or MSIE is completing the URL when sending the page.    I look
forward to someone else solving this bug.