Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Timothy Washington <ti...@yahoo.ca> on 2010/08/10 21:01:48 UTC

Cannot search single terms in Couchdb-lucene (maybe Analyzer problems)

Our team is using couchdb-lucene. We have the tool installed, configured and
indexing properly. And our full field searching works properly.

But if we want to search for one one word in a field ('title', or 'summary', for
example), we get no results. So, on a document with the title "WHAT DO YOU WEAR
TO GLAM UP YOUR LOOK FOR A SPECIAL EVENT?", document A) works, but B) does not.

A) wget 'http://172.16.114.129:5984/baron/_fti/_design/foo/by_all?q=title:WHAT
DO YOU WEAR TO GLAM UP YOUR LOOK FOR A SPECIAL EVENT?'
B) wget 'http://172.16.114.129:5984/baron/_fti/_design/foo/by_all?q=title:GLAM'

We're playing around with the settings - a different index analyzer maybe? But
I'm sure we're just missing a basic switch/lever somewhere. Anyone have any
knowledge here?

Thanks
Tim

Re: Cannot search single terms in Couchdb-lucene (maybe Analyzer problems)

Posted by Timothy Washington <ti...@yahoo.ca>.
Hey Robert,

I can't reproduce the error after re-cloning from github and compiling. Perhaps
I did something earlier to screw up the indexes. The thing that struck me was
that after I blew away the old index, with a proper setup, c_l all works as
advertised.

Tim

________________________________

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
Tim,

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Washington <ti...@yahoo.ca>.
>>> couchdb-lucene-0.6

>>> fulltext
   "fulltext": {
       "by_title": {
           "index": "function(doc) { var ret=new Document(); ret.add(doc.title);
return ret }"
       },
       "by_source": {
           "index": "function(doc) { var ret=new Document();
ret.add(doc.source); return ret }"
       },
       "by_all": {
           "index": "function(doc) {
           var ret=new Document();
           ret.add(doc.title);
           ret.add(doc.body);
           ret.add(doc.source);
           return ret;
           }"
       }
   }

Tim

Can you paste the "fulltext" section of the related design document
and also name the version of c-l you are using?

Thanks,
B.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.