Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zisis Tachtsidis <zi...@runbox.com> on 2016/04/04 19:02:56 UTC

SolrCloud backup/restore

I've tested backup/restore successfully in a SolrCloud installation with a
single node (no replicas). This has been achieved in
Can you do something similar when more replicas are involved? What I'm
looking for is a restore command that will restore index in all replicas of
a collection.
Judging from the code in /ReplicationHandler.java/ and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5750 I assume that more work
needs to be done to achieve this.

Is my understanding correct? If the situation is like this I guess an
alternative would be to just create a new collection, restore index and then
add replicas. (I'm using Solr 5.5.0)

Re: SolrCloud backup/restore

Posted by Zisis Tachtsidis <zi...@runbox.com>.
Thank you both for the clarification and proposals!

This solrcloud_manager looks very promising. I'll try it out, the shared
filesystem requirement is no issue for me.

Re: SolrCloud backup/restore

Posted by Jeff Wartes <jw...@whitepages.com>.
There is some automation around this process in the backup commands here:
https://github.com/whitepages/solrcloud_manager

It’s been tested with 5.4, and will restore arbitrary replication factors.
Ever assuming the shared filesystem for backups, of course.

Posted by Reth RM <re...@gmail.com>.