Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2017/01/03 02:35:26 UTC

Re: Presto Support to Kudu

Hi Senthil,

Apache Kudu itself doesn't ship any plug-in for Presto, and I'm not aware
of anyone currently actively working on support.

There's an academic research group that implemented some very basic support
a while back. You can see some info in the JIRA comment here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-446

If you're interested in contributing, you can comment on that JIRA. I think
rather than starting as part of the Kudu project, it would be best to do
initial development in a separate github (or as part of the Presto project)
and then if it reaches a suitable level of maturity and has a few active
contributors, we could pull it into the Kudu project itself.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera