Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Gireesh Ramji <gi...@yahoo.com> on 2016/03/08 04:29:16 UTC

Token awareness of storm bolts

In my topology, I have a bolt that subscribes from its predecessor using a fields grouping. Is there an easy way for me to know, in the bolt's execute method, the range of keys that will get hashed to a given instance of the bolt under the fields grouping?
ThanksGireesh

Re: Token awareness of storm bolts

Posted by Nathan Leung <nc...@gmail.com>.
No. Hash function can be applied to any object, assuming it has a suitable
implementation defined, so it is impossible to define a "range". Also,
that's not how hash functions work.