Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Venkatesh Sangam <ve...@hotmail.com> on 2001/06/19 23:51:26 UTC

Hi

Can anyone please tell me how to find the time take by the Servlet to Execute at the Server ..

thanks
Venkatesh

Re: Hi

Posted by Venkatesh Sangam <ve...@hotmail.com>.
Hi filip,
I am not able to compile the file PerformanceInterceptor.java

it says org.apache.tomcat.core.Request deprecated

please help
thanks
Venkatesh

Re: Hi

Posted by Venkatesh Sangam <ve...@hotmail.com>.
Hi filip,
the member function request.getWrapper() is depcrecated in PerformanceInterceptor ..

help
Venkatesh

RE: Hi

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
the PerformanceInterceptor measures the exact time of you service() request.
nothing else.
the queing and other stuff has already happened.

what is it that you want to measure? the doc should tell you enough details
of implementating your own measurement metrics.
if you want to measure from client side, use the Jakarta JMeter toolkit
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~
Filip Hanik
Software Architect
filip@filip.net
www.filip.net

Re: Compile ??

Posted by Luba Powell <lu...@bellatlantic.net>.
servlet and JavaBean .java files are to be compiled and placed into:
    \webapps\yourapp\WEB-INF\classes\
    The engine will find necessary classes if you made correct
    entry into \webapps\yourapp\WEB-INF\web.xml
    (if not familiar with .xml - just follow their examples

.jsp files are not to be compiled but just placed under:
    \webapps\yourapp\WEB-INF\jsp\
    The engine will compile them.  No code specific entry is needed in web.xml
    for .jsp files

By then it is assumed that you made an entry for your specific application into:
    \conf\server.xml

and policy file is updated with:
        permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "shutdownHooks";

r/luba

RE: Hi

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
http://www.filip.net/tomcatbook/TomcatInterceptors.html

read the last section about the performance interceptor

Filip

~