Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mark Combellack <mc...@ubiquitysoftware.com> on 2007/05/08 17:18:06 UTC

Conversational Scope: Accessing the max age and max idle on a RuntimeComponent

Hi,

I have been updating my Conversational patch to reflect the changes introduced by the recent refactoring work. There have been lots of changes :-) I hope to submit the patch fairly soon.

However, my Conversational Patch has run into a problem with the new refactored code.

Previously, the ConversationalScopeContainer was passed an instance of AtomicComponent. Using this, it could access the getMaxAge() and getMaxIdleTime() methods.

However, in the new refactored code, the ConversationalScopeContainer is passed an instance of RuntimeComponent which does not have the getMaxAge() and getMaxIdleTime() methods.

These methods do still exist on the JavaImplementation interface defined in the implementation-java project. However, this interface is not available to the core project.

I was wondering if the removal of the getMaxAge() and getMaxIdleTime() methods was a deliberate decision of the refactoring or whether this is an unintentional change. If so, are there any plans to re-add these methods?

Thanks,

Mark

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation plc, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, Registration 2719723, registered offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.

Re: Conversational Scope: Accessing the max age and max idle on a RuntimeComponent

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Mark.

Sorry for not responding to your questions promptly as some of us are
attending JavaOne.

I added the two methods back to the ScopedImplementationProvider interface
so that you can move forward. You should be able to test if the
component.getImplementation() instanceof ScopedImplementationProvider and
then get the metadata out of it.

FYI, we're thinking of refactor the scope management code into the
java-implementation-runtime. As you know, only the Java SCA spec defines the
scopes for an implementation and most of the settings only apply to java
component. What do you think?

Thanks,
Raymond