Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Aman Sinha <as...@maprtech.com> on 2015/09/02 03:55:52 UTC

Interrupt handling during planning

There have been situations where the planner is stuck in a recursive loop
during rule application.  The root cause may be incorrectly written rule or
other logic.  We should have a way to interrupt the planner.  Should I file
a JIRA for this ?

Aman

Re: Interrupt handling during planning

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Yes, please log a jira case. We don’t have that facility.

An interrupt might be messy. If you can get away with setting an “aborted” flag that is checked periodically within VolcanoPlanner.findBestExp that might be better.

Julian