Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chen Qin <qi...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/12 02:36:19 UTC

FLINK-11746 work

Hi there,

I would like to reboot discussion on FLINK-11746
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-11746> work. Over the course
of last two years, we managed to run a large number of critical flink apps
(table/datastream) with underlying thrift format. It would be great if
folks assign this jira to me so we would be able to kick off discussion on
upstream work.

Chen

Re: FLINK-11746 work

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@ververica.com>.
Hi Chen,

Thanks for restarting the discussion. I would +1 on Yu, let's agree on the
scope and the design. Could you elaborate a bit on how you're using Thrift?
When reading more about this, it feels like Thrift is somewhat in the
middle between a connector and a format from a Flink perspective. It would
be interesting to understand better why and how you're using these two
technologies.

Best regards,

Martijn Visser
https://twitter.com/MartijnVisser82