Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Martin B. Nielsen" <ap...@sveg.servemp3.com> on 2005/06/01 00:04:45 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Routing \ Apache Question

Hi.

If you still havent solved it, I might have a solution for you. I'm running
several vhosts behind NAT, using IP-based vhosts.
You can try this:
NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.100
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100>
	ServerName some.domain.name.com
	* other settings you want *
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100>
	ServerName some.other.domain.name.com
	* other settings you want *
</VirtualHost>

Eventually, see if you have a c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file
(Atleast WinXP has), and add your domains there like this:
192.168.1.100 some.domain.name.com
192.168.1.100 some.other.domain.name.com

Should work.

Best regards,
Martin