Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/05/06 18:08:03 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "ZooKeeper/PoweredBy" by AsankhaPerera

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "ZooKeeper/PoweredBy" page has been changed by AsankhaPerera.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=17&rev2=18

  Applications and organizations using ZooKeeper include (alphabetically):
-

   * company w/ link if available
    * use
+  * [[http://adroitlogic.org|AdroitLogic]]
+   * Uses ZooKeeper to implement Clustering support for its [[http://adroitlogic.org|Open Source Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), the UltraESB]]. This allows the management of the complete cluster, or any specific node - from any other node connected via JMX. A Cluster wide command framework allows commands that fail on some nodes to be retried etc. We also support the automated round-robin-restart of a complete cluster of nodes using ZooKeeper support [[http://bit.ly/iNjytz|See link]]

-  * [[http://www.deepdyve.com]] - We do search for research and provide access to high quality content using advanced search technologies
+  * http://www.deepdyve.com - We do search for research and provide access to high quality content using advanced search technologies
-    Zookeeper is used to manage server state, control index deployment and a myriad other tasks.
+   . Zookeeper is used to manage server state, control index deployment and a myriad other tasks.

-  * [[http://www.eclipse.org/ecf|Eclipse Communication Framework]] - The Eclipse ECF project provides an implementation of its Abstract Discovery services using Zookeeper. ECF itself is used in many projects providing base functionallity for communication, all based on OSGi.
+  * [[http://www.eclipse.org/ecf|Eclipse Communication Framework]] - The Eclipse ECF project provides an implementation of its Abstract Discovery services using Zookeeper. ECF itself is used in many projects providing base functionallity for communication, all based on OSGi.

   * [[http://katta.sourceforge.net|katta]] - Katta serves distributed Lucene indexes in a grid environment.
-    Zookeeper is used for node, master and index management in the grid.
+   . Zookeeper is used for node, master and index management in the grid.

   * [[http://101tec.com|101tec]] - we do consulting in the area of enterprise distributed systems.
-    We use zookeeper to manage a system build out of hadoop, katta, oracle batch jobs and a web component.
+   . We use zookeeper to manage a system build out of hadoop, katta, oracle batch jobs and a web component.

   * [[http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/|HBase]] - HBase is the Hadoop database. Its an open-source, distributed, column-oriented store modeled after the Google paper, Bigtable: A Distributed Storage System for Structured Data by Chang et al.
-    We use ZooKeeper for master election, server lease management, bootstrapping, and coordination between servers.
+   . We use ZooKeeper for master election, server lease management, bootstrapping, and coordination between servers.

   * [[http://neo4j.org/hbase/|Neo4j]] - Neo4j is a Graph Database. It's a disk based, ACID compliant transactional storage engine for big graphs and fast graph traversals, using external indicies like Lucene/Solr for global searches.
-    We use ZooKeeper in the Neo4j High Availability components for write-master election, read slave coordination and other cool stuff. ZooKeeper is a great and focused  project - we like!

   * [[http://www.rackspace.com/email_hosting|Rackspace]] - The Email & Apps team uses ZooKeeper to coordinate sharding and responsibility changes in a distributed e-mail client that pulls and indexes data for search. ZooKeeper also provides distributed locking for connections to prevent a cluster from overwhelming servers.