Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2008/07/21 17:35:10 UTC

roadmap for maven-shade-plugin?

Hi everyone,

I'd like to check and see how close people think we're getting to a
release of the maven-shade-plugin. I understand there are some
outstanding issues related to excludes, but at this point the pending
1.2 release is blocking the maven 2.0.10 release.

Can we talk about specific issues that are waiting for 1.2, and who's
working on what?

Thanks,

-john

--
John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)

Re: roadmap for maven-shade-plugin?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Does anyone consider the maven-shade-plugin to be one that should get a
standard version in the super pom?

Paul

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jul 21, 2008, at 8:55 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> I think it's OK to do a release of it now, especially if it's
> blocking 2.0.10.
>
> I've tested it with CXF and it looks OK there.  No regressions in
> the dep-reduced pom.   It would be NICE if the OpenEJB folks could
> do a quick test with their code, but I wouldn't hold it up for that
> to occur.

Tried it with some of the OpenEJB stuff and everything looked good.

-David

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

The thread regarding excessive excludes is here:

http://www.nabble.com/Shade-plugin%27s-over-zealous-exclusions-tt18462091.html

The latest is that Daniel made some changes which appeared to fix my
problems, although I'd like to see some unit tests for the dependency
reduced pom logic.  Unfortunately there's no infrastructure there yet
for testing that part of the plugin so it's more work than I've got
time for right now.

Cheers,

Mark

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Method should probably be private or package protected.   Thus, this
would be irrelevant.

Dan

On Jul 21, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> I've gone over the docs, to make sure they are OK. I also went
> through a couple of the other pre release checks.
>
> While doing this I found an error in the Clirr report that might be
> worth having a look at:
>
> In method 'public boolean
> updateExcludesInDeps(org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject,
> java.util.List)' the number of arguments has changed
>
> This is in the class org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.mojo.ShadeMojo
>
> It went from
>    public boolean updateExcludesInDeps( MavenProject project,
>                                         List dependencies )
>    public boolean updateExcludesInDeps( MavenProject project,
>                                         List dependencies,
>                                         List transitiveDeps )
>

> John Casey wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I'd like to check and see how close people think we're getting to a
>> release of the maven-shade-plugin. I understand there are some
>> outstanding issues related to excludes, but at this point the
>> pending 1.2 release is blocking the maven 2.0.10 release.
>> Can we talk about specific issues that are waiting for 1.2, and
>> who's working on what?
>> Thanks,
>> -john
>

> --
> Dennis Lundberg

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: roadmap for maven-shade-plugin?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
I've gone over the docs, to make sure they are OK. I also went through a
couple of the other pre release checks.

While doing this I found an error in the Clirr report that might be
worth having a look at:

In method 'public boolean
updateExcludesInDeps(org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject,
java.util.List)' the number of arguments has changed

This is in the class org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.mojo.ShadeMojo

It went from
     public boolean updateExcludesInDeps( MavenProject project,
                                          List dependencies )
     public boolean updateExcludesInDeps( MavenProject project,
                                          List dependencies,
                                          List transitiveDeps )

--
Dennis Lundberg