Posted to users@flex.apache.org by 3r...@sneakemail.com on 2014/12/15 22:22:51 UTC

Latest version of FlexMetrics / FlexPMD available?

Back when Adobe hosted/owned Flex, I downloaded FlexMetrics/FlexPMD/FlexCPD from the Adobe site.  I have version 1.2, apparently.  I was wondering if any newer version with more robust behavior was available now from Apache?

The problem I am seeing with FlexMetrics 1.2 is that the report for some classes does not show the correct metrics.  I support a CI system that runs FlexMetrics on our entire Flex codebase.  A developer within my company is commenting about the FlexMetrics reports being generated for their source.  They rightly point out that some classes are not properly reported in the flexmetrics.xml output file.  For instance, a class that has 106 lines of code and several functions has this xml in the report:

    <object>
      <name>com.sas.biv.utils.Map</name>
      <ccn>0</ccn>
      <ncss>1</ncss>
      <javadocs>0</javadocs>
      <javadoc_lines>0</javadoc_lines>
      <multi_comment_lines>0</multi_comment_lines>
      <single_comment_lines>0</single_comment_lines>
      <functions>0</functions>
    </object>

Notice that NCSS is only 1, functions is 0, and CCN is 0!   I do see some content in the standard error (we use the command-line API to run FlexMetrics), but nothing that mentions the com.sas.biv.utils.Map class.  Other classes' metrics look correct but some, like the above, are being incorrectly handled.  The report for this particular module has a total of 337 entries with complexity and functions equal to zero – very suspect, given that there are about 2500 classes.  It is hard to believe that more than 10% of our classes have no functions at all!

I am hoping my FlexMetrics libraries are just in need of updating?

Thanks,
Trevor