Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/18 19:16:07 UTC

Re: Reciprocity and Copyleft (Was: Proposal: Apache Third Party License Policy)

> So it is ALWAYS a true statement that this proposed Apache Third Party License Policy
> DOES NOT MODIFY THE LICENSE. (ALv2, 4d)  In fact, it doesn't modify ANY license. It can't.

Indeed.

I'm more worried about the "for informational purposes only" part, and
the mixed messaging we're already giving out by suggesting that the
NOTICE file has or should have a role beyond the one stated in 4d.

BR,

Jukka Zitting