Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/09 15:39:56 UTC

QPID-5618: Improve site links to JMS client documentation

I propose to make some changes to the qpid.apache.org site to improve
the linkage to our JMS documentation and examples.

Specifically, the two areas I wish to address are:

1) Make the JMS client examples for the Qpid JMS AMQP 1-0 (prototype)
client easier to find.  I think the current site runs the risk that
users will try and use the JMS examples tailored for 0-10 with the
qpid-java-amqp-1-0-client-jms client.

2) Link to the JMS client docbook for 0-8..0-91 (produced by QPID-5374)

Please see the Jira for the exact proposed changes.  I have made the
changes locally and published them to people.apache.org for comment.
Please see the URLs in the Jira.

Comments welcome (on the Jira or this thread).

Kind regards, Keith.

Re: QPID-5618: Improve site links to JMS client documentation

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 03/09/2014 02:39 PM, Keith W wrote:
> I propose to make some changes to the qpid.apache.org site to improve
> the linkage to our JMS documentation and examples.
>
> Specifically, the two areas I wish to address are:
>
> 1) Make the JMS client examples for the Qpid JMS AMQP 1-0 (prototype)
> client easier to find.  I think the current site runs the risk that
> users will try and use the JMS examples tailored for 0-10 with the
> qpid-java-amqp-1-0-client-jms client.
>
> 2) Link to the JMS client docbook for 0-8..0-91 (produced by QPID-5374)
>
> Please see the Jira for the exact proposed changes.  I have made the
> changes locally and published them to people.apache.org for comment.
> Please see the URLs in the Jira.
>
> Comments welcome (on the Jira or this thread).

Looks good to me. (On the first issue, it would also help if the 1.0
client shipped the example in the release package, which it didn't seem
to last time I looked).