Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/09/12 14:03:35 UTC

Python Gump on Chalko

I am still uncertain why Python Gump is failing on Chalko:

    http://gump.chalko.com/py/
    http://gump.chalko.com/py/gumpy.html

my suspicion, though, is that overriding modules to be package just got even
harder w/ Python Gump. For one, I had to move the <project package="...
definitions to the end of the profile (after their separate module
definitions). Have them at the top & they get overridden by the real
projects in the module definitions, due to the Python Gump XML loader
implementation.

Packages for projects in module that were only ever intended to be packages
(no <repository, no <ant, no ...) works, see LSD. The issue is that Python
Gump sees a viable module, and tries to work on it as such, and it is only
the project that was over-ridden.

I think I need to create a mechanism for :

    <module href="xxxx" package="...

... so all projects inside that module are overridden as packages.

Also, I might also check the number of projects in a module that are
packages, and if all are -- then set the module to be "package", so don't do
real work on it.

I don't think I'll be able to get to this until I return from vacation in a
week or so.

If you look here you'll see that it is complaining about a problem with
xalan2:

http://gump.chalko.com/py/krysalis-centipede/krysalis-centipede.html

I suspect the error is this one:

ERROR:gump:Missing Dependency [jakarta-bcel] on [xml-xalan2]

regards,

Adam
--
Experience Sybase Technology...