Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/26 18:17:02 UTC

Breaking merge_tests.py into 3 parts

Frequently I want to test just the subset of merge_tests.py related to
--reintegrate as a quick sanity check during development for that
feature.  To make this a bit easier I'd like to break merge_tests.py
into three separate tests:

  1) merge_reintegrate_tests.py - All merge --reintegrate tests

  2) merge_tree_conflicts_tests.py - All merge tests related to tree-conflicts

  3) merge_tests.py - Everything that doesn't fit in the other two

Any objections?

Paul

Re: Breaking merge_tests.py into 3 parts

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.

Done, http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=948873

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Frequently I want to test just the subset of merge_tests.py related to
> --reintegrate as a quick sanity check during development for that
> feature.  To make this a bit easier I'd like to break merge_tests.py
> into three separate tests:
>
>  1) merge_reintegrate_tests.py - All merge --reintegrate tests
>
>  2) merge_tree_conflicts_tests.py - All merge tests related to
> tree-conflicts
>
>  3) merge_tests.py - Everything that doesn't fit in the other two

+1  This has been a long time in coming.

The common complaint is that by renumbering the tests, we break historical
comments such as "fixes bar_test FOO".  But those comments are often
versioned, so a little archaeology can divine the answer.  I don't think
such concerns should keep us from moving forward in the test suite.

-Hyrum

Re: Breaking merge_tests.py into 3 parts

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Paul Burba wrote:
> Frequently I want to test just the subset of merge_tests.py related to
> --reintegrate as a quick sanity check during development for that
> feature.  To make this a bit easier I'd like to break merge_tests.py
> into three separate tests:
>
>   1) merge_reintegrate_tests.py - All merge --reintegrate tests
>
>   2) merge_tree_conflicts_tests.py - All merge tests related to tree-conflicts
>
>   3) merge_tests.py - Everything that doesn't fit in the other two
>
> Any objections?

+145  ;-)

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>