Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rahul Agarwal <co...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/19 20:20:57 UTC

regarding JAR files

Hi,

I am using tomcat(3.3.1 version) and apache for
web-site development. I need to authenticate a
website using LDAP.

I have made a LdapBean in my WEB-INF/classes folder
and I have downloaded ldapjdk.jar(from Netscape
download site) in WEB-INF/lib folder. Then I
restarted the tomcat server to run the jar file.

But I am still getting errors like:
LdapBean.java:4: package netscape.ldap does not
exist
import netscape.ldap.*;
^
LdapBean.java:76: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class LDAPConnection
location: class pfd.LdapBean
         LDAPConnection ld =new LDAPConnection();
         ^
It means Bean is still not able to read the
netscape.ldap package present in ldapjdk.jar.
Someone told me that this is a bug in tomcat 3.3.1.

Can someone help me with this?? Does anyone
encountered the same problem.

Thanks