Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/03/05 22:48:06 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1453009 - in /flex/sdk/branches/develop/frameworks/projects/core: build.xml compile-config.xml

Hi,

Is this serious enough to make another minor point release? There's probably a couple of other needed fixes and AIR 3.6 we could add as well (lots of questions about this!).

Thanks,
Justin

Release cycle for Apache Flex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> IMO, not critical as there is a simple workaround and this only hits folks doing non-Flex, AS-only apps.
Fair enough.

> I'd be happy with every two or three months
Same here you more often we release the easier it makes the release procedure. Less branch merge issues etc etc. 4.9 was release more than 2 months ago, and 4.9.1 is not a major release. All we need is other committers to step up and be the next release manager, the more we share it around the better the project will. Currently I don't have the spare time to be release manager - too much other stuff going on.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: svn commit: r1453009 - in /flex/sdk/branches/develop/frameworks/projects/core: build.xml compile-config.xml

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/5/13 1:48 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is this serious enough to make another minor point release?
IMO, not critical as there is a simple workaround and this only hits folks
doing non-Flex, AS-only apps.
> There's probably a
> couple of other needed fixes and AIR 3.6 we could add as well (lots of
> questions about this!).
Either way we should be adding other fixes and doing another release down
the road.  PhoneGap says they release every month.  I'd be happy with every
two or three months, but it would depend on the kinds of contributions we
get.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team