Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Eryq <er...@zeegee.com> on 2001/07/27 00:55:47 UTC

mod_webapp gives "Invalid virtual host name "

webapp-module-1.0-tc40b6
SunOS clin5 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
Apache 1.3.20
gcc 2.95.2
tomcat 4b6

I built an Apache with dynamic loading, which is
definitely working.  I build mod_webapp, and
try to start Apache.  This:

	LoadModule webapp_module /path/to/mod_webapp.so

works, but the following line:

	AddModule webapp_module

complains that the module isn't loaded yet.  If I
comment out the AddModule line, then:

	WebAppConnection myConnection warp localhost:14108

works, but:

	WebAppInfo /server-status-webapp/

gives me an "Invalid virtual host name".
What do I do now?

Eryq, http://www.zeegee.com/eryq
WANTED:  Schrodinger's Cat.  Dead and/or Alive.

Re: mod_webapp gives "Invalid virtual host name "

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Eryq at eryq@zeegee.com wrote:
> >
> > webapp-module-1.0-tc40b6
> > SunOS clin5 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
> > Apache 1.3.20
> > gcc 2.95.2
> > tomcat 4b6
>
> Ok....
>
> > I built an Apache with dynamic loading, which is
> > definitely working.  I build mod_webapp, and
> > try to start Apache.  This:
> >
> > LoadModule webapp_module /path/to/mod_webapp.so
> >
> > works, but the following line:
> >
> > AddModule webapp_module

AddModule mod_webapp.c
Sounds better for me...

> > complains that the module isn't loaded yet.
>
> ??? What's the exact message this one gives?
>
> > If I comment out the AddModule line, then:
> > WebAppConnection myConnection warp localhost:14108
> > works,
>
> That's pretty weird :)
>
> > but:
> > WebAppInfo /server-status-webapp/
> > gives me an "Invalid virtual host name".
>
> I believe you didn't specify the ServerName directive in your httpd.conf
>
> > What do I do now?
>
> Make sure that ServerName is specified _before_ WebAppInfo...

And Port or use a virtual host <VirtualHost>.

Should we use default value or Host/Port?

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Eryq at eryq@zeegee.com wrote:

> webapp-module-1.0-tc40b6
> SunOS clin5 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
> Apache 1.3.20
> gcc 2.95.2
> tomcat 4b6

Ok....

> I built an Apache with dynamic loading, which is
> definitely working.  I build mod_webapp, and
> try to start Apache.  This:
>
> LoadModule webapp_module /path/to/mod_webapp.so
>
> works, but the following line:
>
> AddModule webapp_module
>
> complains that the module isn't loaded yet.

??? What's the exact message this one gives?

> If I comment out the AddModule line, then:
> WebAppConnection myConnection warp localhost:14108
> works,

That's pretty weird :)