Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Paul Smedley <pa...@despamsmedley.id.au> on 2009/08/10 11:36:44 UTC

OS/2 maintainer?

Hi Guys,

Wondering if there is anyone still actively maintaining the OS/2
source code in APR?

I've been building Apache2 using the libc runtime for OS/2 from
http://svn.netlabs.org/klibc for some time, and it would be nice to
get my changes incorporated with the OS2 files in the apr repository.

My current apr diff (which needs tidying up) is at
http://smedley.info/apr-1.3.3.diff

--
Cheers,

Paul.

Re: OS/2 maintainer?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Paul Smedley <
pauldespam@despamsmedley.id.au> wrote:

> I assume that once I have a diff based on current SVN - I open a
> ticket requesting it to be committed?

A ticket is a good way to track so that it isn't completely forgotten in
case it falls out of everyones in-box, but I would suggest starting by
posting separate patches to the mailing list, each of which solve one type
of problem.  We can review those better in the short term and the resulting
version control history will also be more useful.

Re: OS/2 maintainer?

Posted by Paul Smedley <pa...@despamsmedley.id.au>.
Hi Jeff,

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:14:47 UTC, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Paul Smedley <
> pauldespam@despamsmedley.id.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Wondering if there is anyone still actively maintaining the OS/2
> > source code in APR?
>

> nope ;)
I figured as much :)

> > I've been building Apache2 using the libc runtime for OS/2 from
> > http://svn.netlabs.org/klibc for some time, and it would be nice to
> > get my changes incorporated with the OS2 files in the apr repository.
> >
> > My current apr diff (which needs tidying up) is at
> > http://smedley.info/apr-1.3.3.diff
> >

> I don't anticipate any big concerns to the idea of continuing to host the
> OS/2 port.  Folks, please shout now if you disagree.
>
> A few things I noticed in the patch from a very quick glance (probably
> exactly what you referred to as "tidying up"):
>
> * non-standard coding style (whitespace, slash-slash comments)
> * magic values (e.g., "87")
> * commented out code
Absolutely - some of this is commented out whilst I was testing things
- needs a good cleanup before I'd even dare ask you guys to commit it
:)

Re: OS/2 maintainer?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Paul Smedley <
pauldespam@despamsmedley.id.au> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Wondering if there is anyone still actively maintaining the OS/2
> source code in APR?

nope ;)

Re: OS/2 maintainer?

Posted by Paul Smedley <pa...@despamsmedley.id.au>.
Hi Dan,

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:59:28 UTC, "Dan Poirier" <po...@pobox.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:36 +0000, "Paul Smedley"
> <pa...@despamsmedley.id.au> wrote:
> > Wondering if there is anyone still actively maintaining the OS/2
> > source code in APR?
>
> OS/2 itself isn't maintained anymore, is it?  Is it getting hard to find
> hardware that it'll run on?

http://www.ecomstation.com - an OEM distro of OS/2 - running on Intel
Quad core (with all 4 cores utilised) here.

--
Cheers,

Paul.

Re: OS/2 maintainer?

Posted by Dan Poirier <po...@pobox.com>.
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:36 +0000, "Paul Smedley"
<pa...@despamsmedley.id.au> wrote:
> Wondering if there is anyone still actively maintaining the OS/2
> source code in APR?

OS/2 itself isn't maintained anymore, is it?  Is it getting hard to find
hardware that it'll run on?

Dan