Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by michael wimmer <m....@aon.at> on 2002/08/26 23:46:14 UTC

connection pooling

hi,

I use protomatter (protomatter.sourceforge.net) for connection pooling
and for now it seems to work pretty well. However, in this group and in
the tomcat documentation, connection pooling seems always been mentioned
in relation to JNDI or tyrex.

Could anybody provide me with some information about the difference in
these approaches and their relative merits and demerits?

thanks,

Michael

Re: connection pooling

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
Yes, any J2EE compliant app server will have the ability to create
a JNDI DataSource.

The choice of whether to use a container provided DataSource or your
own connection pool within the webapp is up to you.

I prefer a container managed JNDI DataSource.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: connection pooling

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.