Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com> on 2008/02/25 13:30:46 UTC

keep-with-next on fo:table-row

Dear XSL Editors,

as fo:table-row does not generate any area, the text in section 4.8,
“Keeps and Breaks” of the XSL-FO 1.1 Recommendation can’t be interpreted
as is for this element.
The question is: if keep-with-next is set on fo:table-row, shall we
consider that this is equivalent to setting keep-with-next on the last
child block of /every/ cell ending on this row? In which case the first
illustration below would not be acceptable.

Or can we consider that this is as if keep-with-next were set on every
fo:table-cell element ending on the row (although keeps don’t apply to
fo:table-cell). Then the first illustration below would be acceptable
as, although it would be empty, cell 2.1 would still generate an area on
the second page.

Illustration:
  <fo:table-row keep-with-next="always">
    <fo:table-cell>