Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org> on 2018/12/22 02:09:05 UTC

[VOTE] Retire Antlib SVN

This is a proposal to retire the "Antlib SVN" library[1]. The project
hasn't seen any new development for many years now[2]. Retiring this
will reduce the work necessary to maintain it[3] (Jekins jobs etc...).

More about retiring a project or a project component can be found here[4].

[1] http://ant.apache.org/antlibs/svn/

[2] https://github.com/apache/ant-antlibs-svn/commits/master

[3]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/201812.mbox/%3c87k1k5wg7a.fsf@v45346.1blu.de%3e

[4] http://ant.apache.org/processes.html

-Jaikiran

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Retire Antlib SVN

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have followed the retiring guidelines[1] and now done the following to
retire this project:

1. Version control - Added a RETIRED_PROJECT marker file to the (git)
repo https://github.com/apache/ant-antlibs-svn and also updated the
README file of that project to mention the retirement

2. Asked infra to mark the repo read-only, which they promptly did

3. Deleted the Jenkins job for this project from builds.apache.org. I
don't think there's any Teamcity of gump jobs for this project.

4. Removed the homepage of this project (svn revision id 1851821 for
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/site/ant/production/antlibs). This
page wasn't linked from anywhere else (as far as I could find).

The process page also has sections for:

1. Issue tracker - N/A for this project since this was tracked in
Bugzilla of Ant project (as far as I know).

used for this project

3. Releases - The process page asks for the releases of the project to
be removed from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/ant/. I
couldn't find any releases of this project under ant/antlibs folder at
that location. So I don't think we need to do anything here.

4. Announcement - A mail needs to be sent to dev@ant, announce@apache
and the Ant home page needs to be updated with this retirement
announcement. I will do this last, once we confirm there's nothing else
pending.

[1] http://ant.apache.org/processes.html

-Jaikiran

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Retire Antlib SVN

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

AW: [VOTE] Retire Antlib SVN

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
+1, as I think there aren't many users; and we could reactivate it on demand

Jan

Re: [VOTE] Retire Antlib SVN

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.
An implicit +1.