Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sa...@gmail.com on 2010/02/02 06:34:17 UTC

Solr and location based searches

Hi all,

We want to use Solr because of its facet based functionalities... now the
customer want to combine searches based on facets with location based
searches (all objects 10 miles around this particular zip)...
Is this possible in Solr or is there no way?

Thanks and best regards,
Sandro

Re: Solr and location based searches

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@buyways.nl>.
Hi,

You can use three different approaches:
- Solr Spatial [1];
- Local Solr [2];
- Implement it yourself [3].

The first is promising, the latter is fun but is far less useful and powerful!

[1]: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch
[2]: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LocalSolr
[3]: http://williams.best.vwh.net/avform.htm#Dist

Cheers,

Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
050-8536620 / 06-50258350

Re: Re: Solr and location based searches

Posted by sa...@gmail.com.
Thank guys... very helpful links and good starting points... :-)

Posted by Hannes Carl Meyer <ha...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sandro,