Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Michael Willson <mw...@xquad.com> on 2009/05/11 17:28:52 UTC

thanks - EOM / Re: CouchDB x RDF databases comparison

--
Michael Willson
www.xquad.com

CLL Independencia 445
Int. 9
Col: Arcos de Guadalupe
Zapopan, Jalisco
45037

You do NOT have my permission to send me solicitations or to sell my
contact information. Any information released is strictly to you, and is
confidential, and shall not be released to a third party without my
permission. Any communication directly conveyed to me to solicit or is
spam in nature is strictly prohibited. I will pursue all means, including
legal action and seek damages, to prevent solicitation and receiving spam..
Thank you.

> 2009/5/7 Demetrius Nunes <de...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> We are evaluating new technologies for managing semi-structured data and
>> documents in one of our applications. We've got tired of wrestling
>> relational databases for this.
>>
>> I would like to know why would I prefer to use CouchDB instead of a RDF
>> database, such as Sesame ou Mulgara.
>>
>> I know some of the RDF advantages, such as open standards,
>> interoperability,
>> rules engines, semantic queries, community and tool support, maturity,
>> etc.
>>
>> But I really like the simplicity of the CouchDB model.
>>
>> Can anyone enlighten me?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Demetrius
>>
>> --
>> ____________________________
>> http://www.demetriusnunes.com
>>

> There is a draft for rdf-json here :
> http://n2.talis.com/wiki/RDF_JSON_Specification
>
> So it may be possible to store rdf as json and then using _show &
> _list to format the output you need.
>
> If you need sparql endpoint it may be build via an external I  guess
> or even a proxy. I'm currently explorating both. The only problem I
> have currently is that' you can't query document per field. I'm
> somehow missing json query and json path for that .
>
> - benoƮt

!DSPAM:1892,4a08443448212053121321!