Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by jp...@rnl.ist.utl.pt on 2003/03/21 17:54:24 UTC

Replaying "login action" somewhere, using correctly cookies..

I'm having some difficulties creating a test that allows me to login in a
certain page. I've tryed to record a test with jmeter proxy, but I'm
afraid I can't reproduce it correctly.

This is what I think it's the problem:

When I record the test:
 1 - Get homepage (my login page)
 2 - Post my user/pass (get "cookie1")
 3 - Action over the site, using "cookie1"
 n - Logout (server discards cookie1)

What I think happens when I reproduce the test
 1 and 2 is ok, get "cookie2" as response of login.
 3 - Action over the site, using "cookie1" !!! (instead of cookie2) - failure
 n - logout

I tried enable "Functional Test Mode" but I've no ideia where I can see
the output of it...

Can someone tell me if jmeter can handle these test plans correctly?
If yes, is there a way I can start a load test using n users, and defining
n mappings "user/passwd" for jmeter to use with them?

Thank you

Re: Replaying "login action" somewhere, using correctly cookies..

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Did you add a Cookie Manager to your test plan?

-Mike

On 21 Mar 2003 at 16:54, jpcl@rnl.ist.utl.pt wrote:

> I'm having some difficulties creating a test that allows me to login in a
> certain page. I've tryed to record a test with jmeter proxy, but I'm
> afraid I can't reproduce it correctly.
>
> This is what I think it's the problem:
>
> When I record the test:
>  1 - Get homepage (my login page)
>  2 - Post my user/pass (get "cookie1")
>  3 - Action over the site, using "cookie1"
>  n - Logout (server discards cookie1)
>

> What I think happens when I reproduce the test
>  1 and 2 is ok, get "cookie2" as response of login.
>  3 - Action over the site, using "cookie1" !!! (instead of cookie2) - failure
>  n - logout
>
> I tried enable "Functional Test Mode" but I've no ideia where I can see
> the output of it...
>
> Can someone tell me if jmeter can handle these test plans correctly?
> If yes, is there a way I can start a load test using n users, and defining
> n mappings "user/passwd" for jmeter to use with them?
>
> Thank you

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya