Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org> on 2018/09/12 07:57:50 UTC

Our builds crashed on Jenkins system due to "Failed to collect dependencies"

Hi all,

Last time the build failed quite often on connection problems with Maven
Central.
Sometimes the problem is connection timeout and sometimes it is HTTP 503.
Although in all cases I see "Maximum threads for service reached".

Does it mean that any thread pool in Wagon is limited or it is OS limit?
Do you have deeper insides in this area?

Created INFRA ticket at Jira. See my last three comments.

Cheers
Tibor

Re: Our builds crashed on Jenkins system due to "Failed to collect dependencies"

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
no need to send it twice :) (it works from your gmail account)
It's a very common error with Fastly see
https://docs.fastly.com/guides/debugging/common-503-errors.
And I think (not really sure of that) Sonatype is using fastly for central
repo (https://www.fastly.com/customers/sonatype)
so maybe it's the cause....

--
Olivier Lamy

Re: Our builds crashed on Jenkins system due to "Failed to collect dependencies"

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
(sent from my gmail account)

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.