Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Daniele Madama <d....@pronetics.it> on 2005/11/21 12:41:14 UTC

Flowscript debugger doesn't work

Hola,
from a lot of time (3 months of course) the flowscipt debugger doesn't
work, if I try to enable it in cocoon.xconf ed execute the forms sample,
It broke the flow esecution.

I'm not a rhino expert, so I can say if It depends from new version of
rhino or not. But I think that it could be useful, so is possible to have
this nice feature to work? If not, I think that we should remove it from
cocoon.xconf (remove the commented element).

Regards
Daniele

--
The box said "Requires Windows 95/98/Me/Nt/2k/XP or better" .... so I
installed Linux !

Daniele Madama

Pro-netics s.r.l.
Via Elio Lampridio Cerva 127/c
Roma
Tel. 0651530849
http://www.pronetics.it

Re: Flowscript debugger doesn't work

Posted by Daniele Madama <d....@pronetics.it>.
> version?
SVN version of today, now I'm not on my notebook, so I can tell you the
correct revision.

--

Daniele Madama

http://www.pronetics.it
http://www.danysoft.org/blogs/

Re: Flowscript debugger doesn't work

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> version?
>

> In 2.1.6 it happens quite often too .. it usually generates
> NullPointerExceptions which are not there if the debugger is turned off,
> but i could not determine which instruction caused this errors.

I remember having come across this myself about a year or maybe even
longer ago. Yes, Cocoon 2.1.6 or even earlier, can't remember.

I assumed the problem would be solved in time when Rhino was upgraded.

I've done some debugging at the time and IIRC it had something to do
with the debugger using a different method to address the objects than
the non-debug version and parameters not passed in properly. I do
remember having a discussion with Sylvain about this, but no patch came
out of it.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Bye, Helma

Re: Flowscript debugger doesn't work

Posted by Simone Gianni <s....@thebug.it>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> version?

In 2.1.6 it happens quite often too .. it usually generates
NullPointerExceptions which are not there if the debugger is turned off,
but i could not determine which instruction caused this errors.

Simone

Re: Flowscript debugger doesn't work

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Nov 21, 2005, at 10:18 AM, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> version?

I can corroborate this... in 2.1.7 is the only time I ever tried to use
the FS debugger, and the result was that my flowscripted pages didn't
work right when the debugger was turned on.  I had been meaning to ask
about this, but never got around to it :-)

cheers,
—ml—

Re: Flowscript debugger doesn't work

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.