Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2009/01/04 03:44:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Axiom 1.2.8

Hi folks:

I've taken the current Axiom trunk, branched it off (although it
looks like we're using tags/ for branches for axiom, which seems a
little odd...) updated the version number, and uploaded the artifacts here:

http://people.apache.org/~gdaniels/axiom/dist/1.2.8/

Please kick the tires, and respond with a +1 (please indicate
binding/non-binding) if you are good with these artifacts.

--Glen

Re: [VOTE] Release Axiom 1.2.8

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I'm not so sure that you need a new branch. The release plugin works
roughly like this:

Assume that you have a branch and the checked-in branch has a pom with
a version like x.y-SNAPSHOT:

1) asks you for the release version.
2) bashes the POM(s) to that version
3) builds artifacts.
4) checks in.
5) Tags that revision in your directory of tags.
6) puts the version back to snapshot.
7) checks in.

Then, if you want a branch that hangs off the release, I guess another
svn cp from the tag would be the recipe.

Re: [VOTE] Release Axiom 1.2.8

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Axiom 1.2.8

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I'm travelling today, I'll be online this evening. For now, I did post
a Confluence page for XmlSchema, and the XmlSchema pom.xml makes an
example. Send me the appropriate https: for axiom and I'll tackle
tonight, or have a look yourself. I can't find the page in time to
turn this off for the air crew.

Re: [VOTE] Release Axiom 1.2.8

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

I'm also back now and can help with the release. I was also thinking
about using maven-release plugin and have some experience with it.
I'll be on #apache-axis if you need help.

Jarek

Re: [VOTE] Release Axiom 1.2.8

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Axiom 1.2.8