Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Sauve <dn...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/16 21:44:45 UTC

Unable to get multicore working

 I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get multicore working for about a day and a half now I'm nearly at wits end and unsure what to do anymore. **Any** help would be appreciated.

I've installed Solr using the solr-jetty packages on Ubuntu 10.04. The default Solr install seems to work fine.

Now, I want to add three cores: live, staging, preview to be used for the various states of the site.

I've created a `solr.xml` file as follows and symlinked it in to /usr/share/solr:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<solr persistent="false">
<cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
<core name="preview" instanceDir="/home/webteam/config/search/preview" dataDir="/home/webteam/preview/data" />
<core name="staging" instanceDir="/home/webteam/config/search/staging" dataDir="/home/webteam/staging/data" />
<core name="live" instanceDir="/home/webteam/config/search/live" dataDir="/home/webteam/live/data" />
</cores>
</solr>

Now, when I try to view any cores, I get a 404 - Not found. In fact, I can't even view /solr/admin/ anymore after installing that `solr.xml` file.

Also, /solr/admin/cores returns an XML file, but it looks to me like there's no cores listed. The output:

<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">0</int>

</lst>

<lst name="status"/>

</response>

Finally, looking through the logs produced by Jetty doesn't seem to reveal any clues about what is wrong. There doesn't seem to be any errors in there, except the 404s.

Long story short. I'm stuck. Any suggestions on where to go with this?

David

RE: Unable to get multicore working

Posted by Gaurav Shingala <ga...@hotmail.com>.
can you please try persistent="true" in solr tag as per my knowledge it will solve your 404 - Not found error.

Regards,
Gaurav