Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/15 14:39:02 UTC

[Sling Event] difference between JobConsumer and JobExecutor

Hi all,

while working with Sling Event I noticed there's a somewhat similar API for
consuming a Job defined in JobConsumer and JobExecutor.
The API and javadoc for them are quite similar except that the executor
also gets an ExecutorContext while executing the Job.

Is there any guideline about which one is better suitable for what scenario
and / or if one should just use one instead of the other in general?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,
Tommaso

[1] :
http://sling.apache.org/documentation/the-sling-engine/eventing-and-jobs.html
[2] :
http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/apache-sling-eventing-and-job-handling.html

Re: [Sling Event] difference between JobConsumer and JobExecutor

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
got it, thanks a lot Victor and Carsten for the explanation.
Regards,
Tommaso

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [Sling Event] difference between JobConsumer and JobExecutor

Posted by Victor Saar <vs...@adobe.com>.
Hi Tommaso,