Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Steven Siebert <sm...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/05 14:33:43 UTC

Moving OSGi config into .pom over bnd to support Netbeans hackery

No love finding a tool/plugin for netbeans where it can handle bnd files.  A
couple options:

1) I eat it and deal with it =)
2) I take time to write a plugin for netbeans (a partial-blocking dependency
in my adoption of ACE, it hurts but I can work)
3) I move to eclipse just for ACE development
4) Submit a patch to ACE to move the OSGi config from the bnd files to
maven.  NB supports the maven OSGi tags =)

Thoughts?

Re: Moving OSGi config into .pom over bnd to support Netbeans hackery

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
I would definitely contact Richard Hall (of Apache Felix) about this. He uses NetBeans, so he might be able to help you. On the other hand, if it turns out NB really does not support the way we separated our .bnd files and pom.xml then we have to look at a better way of doing it.

Greetings, Marcel